Finished Project – Men’s Shorts

This pattern was made by sacrificing a pair of RTW shorts.

Most of the problems that I encountered with these shorts came from the length of time I took between cutting and sewing them up, during which I forgot how wide I had cut the seam allowance.

The leg lengths are even I promise, it’s just the way they are positioned.

These guys include:

  • My first attempt at a fly front zipper.
  • A single welt back pocket and two side pockets.
  • Flat felled and bias bound seams as well as some I just hit with the zig zag stitch.

I’m particularly pleased with the way I managed to neatly join the waist band to the shorts at the centre front. I’ve never tried a zipper that ends in a button but it went together really easily, especially compared to the amount of times I redid the fly front.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Finished Object, New Skills, Sewing for Others

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s