Finished Project – Macaron

I made this sleeveless Colette Macaron with some navy twill and some lace I saved off a sad-looking dress I purchased a few years ago. I made my own bias strips for the arm and neck holes and cut a half circle skirt to fit the bodice.

To make the skirt I folded my fabric in half, I measured from the corner down to where I though the width of the fabric would be approximately half the width of the bodice (remember its folded). With a little trial and error I found the right spot. I  marked the top curve out the from there I added the lenght that I wanted the skirt.

I’m really pleased with how this one turned out and I love the shape of it. The only thing im disappointed about is the stretch that the lace gets in it after time – this means the back of the bodice is a little bit too big for my liking. A clever person would have factored this into the pattern. But it is definitely still wearable.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Dress, Finished Object

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s